Sun Groves Residents in support of a Family Neighborhood Environment
signers. Add your name now!
signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
In an effort to preserve the residential / family orientation of our neighborhood, the supporters of this petition would like to express their opposition to the adoption of a Special Use Permit(case Z2014034)for Welcome Home Ranch (AKA - John Volken Drug and Alcohol Treatment Center - AKA W. Holdings) with Maricopa County Board of Supervisors.
The WHR/ Volken Academy currently sits on agriculture zoned property directly across from Sun Groves residential community (1800 houses and two schools). Currently operating as a horse facility/ feed store and drug and alcohol treatment center, they have requested a SUP allowing them to host major outdoor events/concerts on a nightly basis.
The permit in question grants the John Volken Acadamy (for the next 30 years) the right to:
1) Hold UNLIMITED OUTDOOR concerts/events for 750 people every night of the week
2) Hold 20 OUTDOOR concerts/events for OVER 750 people
3) Hold 10 OUTDOOR concerts/events for OVER 1500 people per year.
4) Blast outdoor LOUDSPEAKER sound system until 11 PM EVERY every night of the week with no Db restriction
5) ALCOHOL will be allowed to be served at any of these events
6) "Events" may be up to several days long
This violates the very core of the existing zoning standards designed and implemented by city and county planners. The SUP is beyond excessive pertaining to the function of agricultural zoned property. A change of this magnitude should demand examination through the lens of a full zoning change request procedure.