Stop Early Voting in Michigan
Important Note: Do Not Donate On the Following Page It Is Not From Our Campaign Or Cause
We object to allowing early voting in Michigan by the adoption of:
Administrative Rule 2009-068 ST
Use of Optical Scan Tabulators by Absentee Voters
This proposal is flawed. Concerns include:
- This is too big of a change to make without input from lawmakers and the public.
- Early voting could open up the system to voter fraud.
- Early voters would NOT be required to show official identification.
- Ballot boxes would have to be opened at least once a day to transfer ballots to a holding container.
- Early voting would not be implemented equally throughout the state because under the proposal, local communities will have the choice of allowing early voting or not.