Stop the Fairways Development Now!
229 signers. Add your name now!
229 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Jessica Ausura signed recently
Mr. Niels Pemberton signed recently
• Be physically incompatible with Reston design standards
• Disrupt a stable neighborhood by forcing high density development into a medium density area
• Decrease our inventory of moderately priced, affordable housing for teachers, police, firefighters and other public servants
• Contribute to a great increase in traffic, leading to massive congestion and possible gridlock, particularly at North Shore Drive and Temporary Road
• Greatly increase air pollution in the Lake Anne neighborhood and in the immediate vicinity of an elementary school
• Result in the loss of extremely valuable mature trees in the area; these trees provide quantifiable environmental services to our community
The proposed development is a knife in the back of true Transit Oriented Development, and I urge all responsible parties, whether elected or appointed, to reject this poorly planned project and return it to JBG Companies for additional revision.
Sustainable Reston is a project of the Fairfax Coalition for Smarter Growth. Please pass this petition on to other Reston residents.