Stop the Carseldine Urban Village
To Mr Bart Mellish MP, State Member for Aspley
We, the undersigned, oppose the proposed Carseldine Urban Village development for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- The proposed development will result in the loss of 7.5ha of public open space and the removal of remnant vegetation and loss of associated wildlife;
- The proposed development will increase traffic congestion on local roads;
- The proposed development will result in the major loss in area of playing surfaces available for future recreational and sporting activities;
- The proposed development is incompatible with the existing detached residential housing adjoining the site;
- The proposed development does not seek to reduce the shortfall in available car parking for the government precinct and the resultant overflow of car parking on nearby streets; and
- The proposed development has potential to significantly increase flooding in Beams Road and Balcara Avenue.
Therefore, as the elected Representative we urge you to STOP the Carseldine Urban Village Master Plan from proceeding.
Principal Petitioner: Chandra Muthu, Secretary,
‘Save Our Carseldine’, 8, Petunia Close, Fitzgibbon, QLD 4018