STOP Rezone Plan at Innes Rd and Pagé Rd
To: The Council of the City of Ottawa (110 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1)
rezone application for 3484 and 3490 Innes Road (File No:
D02-02-19-0060) proposes to rezone the site to "Arterial
Mainstreet" (AM), to include:
- Five 9-storey buildings and three 12 to 16-storey buildings
- 1320 apartment dwellings
- 1490 underground parking spaces
- 2700 square meters of publicly accessible ground-oriented commercial space
We the undersigned, petition the Council of the City of Ottawa as follows:
We ask the City to prevent the approval of this nonsensical (absurd) rezoning plan that would increase people/traffic density and would take away the residents’ quality of life in Orléans.
- Adding an extra 1320 apartment dwellings will result in an increase of thousands of people and cars, generating more traffic congestion.
- Our road infrastructure is already overburdened and will continue to worsen due to the growth of new businesses and home construction in the areas of Mer Bleu, Tenth Line, Trim Rd. and the recently completed Brian Coburn Rd. However, there has not been matching growth in arterial roadways and/or new roads to support this existing increase, let alone approving this present proposal.
- With only 1490 parking spaces, the nearby streets will be flooded with parked cars. Presently, the streets are overcrowded with visitors parking from the Chapel Hill Retirement Home. If the rezoning proposal is accepted, local residents, public transit, school buses, and emergency vehicles will have difficulties travelling around.
- This massive project is estimated to be completed by 2031, which means thousands of residents in the area will live with the construction of dirt, air and noise pollution for over a decade.
By signing this petition, I hereby acknowledge that this petition will become a public document at the City of Ottawa and that all information contained in it will be subject to the scrutiny of the City, and will be publicly available. Questions about the collection and disclosure of personal information contained in this petition should be directed to the City Clerk, 110 Laurier Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1P 1J1.