STOP Hurlstone Park Congestion
111 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
111 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Canterbury Council is considering the approval of a 93 place child care centre on the ground floor of the 68 apartment residential development (7 storey) at 570 New Canterbury Road (DA 138/2016).
Why should Hurlstone Park residents- STOP this DA
- Developers are using misleading marketing to advertise ground floor cafes, restaurants and providores as an improvement to community culture and lifestyle. Instead the DA is for a child care centre across all 7 retail spaces.
- Increased traffic congestion of 68 residences & 93 child care families using Garnet and Duntroon Streets as the entry & exit points- Monday - Fridays during peak hours along with the existing school traffic.
- Proposal breaches council's DCP regulation 5.3.5 as there are 3 other centres within 400 metres away from the proposed service who have sufficient capacity to meet demand.
- Plans breach the child care sector National Regulations 108(2) and 110. The nursery outdoor space should be 196 sq metres and only 140 sq m for the amount of children proposed.
- Demand quality care and high child care standards within our area for our children.