Stop Commuter Rail in NH
Let it be known to US Congressman Chris Pappas, US Congresswoman Annie Kuster, US Senators Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan, the NH
Legislature (both the House and Senate), the NH Executive Council, and especially the Governor of
NH Chris Sununu, that we the undersigned, INDIVIDUALS and BUSINESSES,
are HEREBY OPPOSED to the installation and/or expansion of a commuter rail system that
would transport people from Massachusetts to NH and back as described in SB 241 and as what is being proposed by the Biden infrastructure plan.
Remind them that neither AMTRAK nor the MBTA are technologically modern and have experienced 14 accidents and/or derailments just since 2019 These diesel trains pollute more than cars, and neither system is operating sustainably. The MBTA is the most bankrupt system in the country.
Here is the contact information for the above named officials:
– NH Senate (everyone) – Senators@leg.state.nh.us
– NH House of Reps (everyone) – firstname.lastname@example.org
– NH Executive Council (everyone) – email@example.com
– Governor Sununu – firstname.lastname@example.org
– Congressman Chris Pappas - https://pappas.house.gov/contact/email-me
– Congresswoman Annie Kuster - https://kuster.house.gov/contact/
– Senator Jeanne Shaheen - https://www.shaheen.senate.gov/contact/contact-jea...
– Senator Maggie Hassan - https://www.hassan.senate.gov/contact/email
Commuter rail in NH will require an INCOME AND SALES TAX, which the Governor of NH CLAIMS HE IS AGAINST.
Numerous studies have already been done that conclude the system would serve 2,568 one way
trips per day, which is really 1,284 people taking a round trip per day.
Divide that by NH’s 1.386 million population and you get 0.0926 percent which is unsustainable.
Please read more from experts on this subject by downloading our information file and searching at our website under UPDATES on "Commuter Rail".
ASK YOUR OFFICIALS TO SAVE NH FROM WHAT WOULD BE A SERIOUS MISTAKE and would forever threaten to destroy the NH Advantage by signing this petition.
Note: Please do NOT sign this if you are FOR commuter rail, as your signature will simply count as AGAINST.