Petition to Stop West Elm Street / 240 Greenwich Avenue Apartment Development
This petition pertains to the proposed 240 Greenwich Avenue / West Elm Street residential complex. This application to the Greenwich Planning and Zoning Commission encompasses the Bank of America Annex on West Elm street and will construct a new four-story housing facility in the existing parking lot immediately adjacent to 40 West Elm, and across from 25 West Elm Street.
In a quiet neighborhood known for its classic traditional architecture, the proposed expansive contemporary-designed 20-unit multi-family rental complex will offer a rooftop recreational area, including multiple built-in grills and a bar with multiple televisions. A partial underground parking lot is also planned along with the destruction of almost every existing tree on the property.
In our view, the project presents numerous problems affecting the entire community:
- Permanent and severe street congestion both during and after construction completion
- The expansive plot line architectural plans establish a building ‘too large’ for the space thus requiring town variance from the Greenwich Planning and Zoning Commission
- Removal of all existing trees and greenspace
- Drainage issues
- Nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, noise and light pollution
- Large development of this magnitude on the property and in close confines to neighboring building presents undue fire risk
- The proposed building architectural design clashes with the architectural style of the immediate area as well as town landmarks
Please note, you can also send a letter to Greenwich Planning and Zoning Commission:
Planning & Zoning
ATTN: Ms. Margarita T. Alban – Chairperson
Greenwich Town Hall
101 Field Point Road
Greenwich, CT 06830
1. A request in the letter that the correspondence be read/entered into the record so it becomes a part of the meeting minutes.
2. CC: Kathie Deluca, Director Planning/Zoning
You can easily submit a letter online as well and steps are as follow:
Contact Us > Email > Enter letter in the message box
Or via email to Katie.DeLuca@greenwichct.org
Or via fax 203-622-3795