Statement of Goals of Cayman Islands Law Society and Caymanian Bar Association
We the undersigned pledge to use our best efforts to demonstrate and ensure that the attitudes and practices within our firms promote the full representation and participation of Caymanians at all ranks of the legal profession, namely to:
(1) remove any barriers to full and equal participation of Caymanian attorneys in all levels of the work, responsibilities and rewards;
(2) improve the rate of retention of Caymanian attorneys;
(3) improve the rate at which the law firm promotes or invites Caymanian attorneys to non-equity and equity partner status, and to management and leadership positions;
(4) fully adhere to the letter and intent of the Immigration Law (As Revised) of the Cayman Islands as it relates to hiring, training and advancement of Caymanians; and
(5) conduct critical self audits and evaluations of whether the law firm is achieving these goals, and to provide measures of accountability in the process of implementing and aspiring to the Best Practices.