SPS Not Very Nourishing
Please join us in raising awareness to catering issues being experienced at Sevenoaks Primary School. We would like urgent action on the part of the SPS leadership and Nourish caterers to address these concerns. Pupils are raising the following:
- Portion sizes are standard across year groups. Older pupils should be entitled to larger plates.
- Children are left hungry after lunch given inadequate portion sizes ill-fitting of their age and nutritional needs.
- Choices are often limited leaving children with plain potato or pasta options.
- Children with specific dietary requirements have limited, and at time no options [i.e. gluten intolerance].
- The first-come-first-served approach places pressure on children to be first in line. Lunchtime is thus stressful and not pleasurable for many pupils.
Would welcome the opportunity to sit down with the SPS stakeholders to discuss proactive steps to resolve these issues.