Snows Road Improvements
To all those who travel Snow's Road through Camino, CA (El Dorado County) please consider signing our grassroots petition to address the many dangerous conditions that exist on this well traveled county road. Many residents have called the County office of the Department of Transportation with their concerns, but little has been done to alleviate numerous problems. It is only a matter of time before one of us (or many) is/are involved in an accident due to some of the following:
• eroding edges
• areas that are sinking with dangerous drop-offs below
• areas that are too narrow for two cars to pass safely
• blind curves
• areas that are narrow and not sufficiently banked with treacherous drop-offs and no guard railing ...
• areas that ice over due to underground seepage
• dead beetle infested trees that are right on the edge of the road with very little soil to support them
• substantial potholes
Add to the above concerns the many power poles and large trees that are growing into the road edges that need to be removed (trees) and repositioned (power poles).
As residents we have all been made aware by Cal Fire to be vigilant in removing overgrown and dead brush around our homes and roadways. Why isn't the County being as vigilant in making these rural residential roads safe for all who travel and live here?
I hope you will join me in signing this petition. It will then be submitted to the County Department of Transportation for their consideration.