Snowday 1/25/16 Madison NJ
Hi guys, We are sending this petition to the Madison school district in hopes that they will read it and allow us a snow day tomorrow. Our reasoning is as follows:
1) Six or seven surrounding schools all have snow days, including: a. Chatham b. Ridge c. Hanover Park and Madison has had the most snow out of the towns nearby.
2) The melting snow will freeze over into ice causing hazardous road conditions. This creates a life threatening environment for both experienced drivers and relatively inexperienced student drivers alike. Earlier this year, during a small snow flurry, the frozen over roads led to at least two accounts of student driver accidents -- imagine how many more accidents could occur following this blizzard.
3) Many roads, such as those in Harding, are still not completely cleared and are unlikely to be cleared by tomorrow morning.
4) The school district has not used any of our three allotted snow days and the school year will not be interrupted significantly by this snow day.
5) Many students drive in from private roads that are inaccessible to plows and thus remain uncleared.
6) Teachers and administrators all live in different towns, so it is inconsiderate to not allow them to have a day off when their towns have snow days due to hazardous conditions.
7) Ridgedale Ave is still covered in snow. In addition, the Ridgedale parking spaces are blocked by snow, which means the students that normally park there will have to park in the main lot and there is not enough room in the main lot.
Please consider our concerns and call off school for Monday January 25th 2016.
The concerned students, and parents of the Madison school district