SLSC Membership Call for Special Meeting
Hello SLSC members! Our club is in need of a Special Meeting to be called to properly elect a board of directors. Without a board, we are unable to make official decisions on behalf of the club, and are not in good standing with US Figure Skating.
Usually elections are handled via the Annual Meeting, but we did not have one last year. I'm proposing we have a Special Meeting to conduct this business. A Special Meeting can be called by 4 directors or 25% of the voting members. We do not have 4 directors eligible to call a meeting right now, so we must rely on our voting members to do this.
Please sign your name to this petition if you are in favor of holding a Special Meeting to elect directors. If 25% of our voting members sign this petition, I'll present the petition to the current unofficial board members (including those of us who were appointed to fill a vacant position but were not formally elected.) Then we'll send out a second email with a proposed meeting date and time. We can have the meeting by zoom, and can do absentee voting, to be sure every member is able to attend/vote.
If we do not get 25% of members to sign, we'll be unable to conduct business until the next Annual Meeting in May or June. (And we technically won't have any board members who could run that meeting.)
If you are a parent/guardian signing on behalf of a skater under 18, please include their name on the petition so we can confirm your eligibility to vote.
Send any questions to me (Jennifer Wood - mom of Jonathan Wood) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-604-1521.
You are a voting member if:
1) You were 18 or older as of July 1, 2022, SLSC is your Home Club or you are an Associate Member, and you have paid your full membership dues for 2022-2023; or
2) You were 17 or younger as of July 1, 2022, SLSC is your Home Club or you are an Associate Member, you have paid your full membership dues for 2022-2023, and you have a parent or guardian who will cast a vote for you; or
3) You are a Home or Associate Skating Professional with active PSA membership; or
4) You are a US Figure Skating Official who has designated SLSC as your Home Club; or
5) You have previously been designated an Honorary Member of SLSC
(Essentially everyone can vote except for folks who paid the $60 Non-Skating Member or $16 Junior Club/LTS membership dues.https://www.stlouisskatingclub.org/index.php/membe...)