Signatures: Shine the Light-Together!
Signatories and comments
as of 21 May 2017
More signatures are welcome!
Corruption such as the NCI KB fraud does not simply go away on its own, over time, by ignoring it, or by keeping silent. Citizens and members of the church-mission community can and must act with integrity--the consistent, highest level of moral wholeness. And we can and must hold our organizations and leaders accountable to do the same. Here is the link for the petition and more information: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shine-the-light.
1. Name: William H. Watson, PhD on 2012-03-28 01:18:07
Name: Steve Holloway on 2012-03-28
Comments: This is important, not only for this specific fraud, but to also raise awareness of fraud. Many con-artist predators target the Christian community because of a naïve trust in anyone calling themselves 'Christian'. We can give up our naivete without damaging the integrity of a genuinely trusting community.
3. Name: Hollis C. Lewis on 2012-03-28 11:47:00
4. Name: James M. Duncan on 2012-03-28 11:48:04
Name: Ralph Winestock on 2012-03-28
Comments: This falls under the category of Ananias and Sapphira and touching the Ark of the Covenant. God made special examples to cleanse his church of such behavior. It is by far the most loving act for everyone involved to pursue accountability and restitution on this side of heaven. These perpetrators fall under Second Peter 2 category. God is especially unfavorable toward false prophets, and I don't think he would be too happy with sending groups that play politics or shuck their roles with apathy or denial. I care a great deal what happens to personal resources but I also care equally that the church (in this case support and sending groups) be cleansed and pruned so that they can once again become healthy, vibrant units. We should do this lest the supporting ministries perhaps become categorized with "men who loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil."
6. Name: Joseph Paskewich on 2012-03-28 12:13:23
7. Name: Marsh Peters on 2012-03-28 12:17:07
Name: David Pratten on 2012-03-28
Comments: I support a call for YWAM to address the NCI issue in a way that is open and transparent.
9. Name: Jane C. Lewis on 2012-03-28 16:37:39
10. Name: Rollin A. Van Broekhoven on 2012-03-28 20:25:14
Name: DA Seymour on 2012-03-29
Comments: C'mon, lets get heads out of the sand, be open, honest and transparent with yourselves, your organisations and members. This fraud was perpetrated by people entrenched in roles of trust - a serious abuse in any organisation, charity or business; see the UK Charities Commission website for expected behaviour
(http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Charity_requirements_guidance/Charity_governance/Good_governance/default.aspx) I am waiting for the true Christians to take a stand against corruption by making enquiries and searching for the truth with integrity and perseverance. If you are in doubt about who/what to believe, see the PETRAPeople website for court documents where facts are stated in black and white (https://sites.google.com/site/petrapeople/) and make up your own mind. None of the good being done by individuals and organisations is worth doing if it is bad at the core - the core seriously needs addressing. Is there a whistleblowing policy in your organisation? Please use it, or demand one to be put in place where there isn't one - it takes a lot of courage to take a stand, but the outcome is truth which will only be discovered by individuals demanding an independent and professional investigation of the individuals and organisations who have been affected. With thanks.
Name: Kelly O'Donnell on 2012-03-29
Comments: I have been tracking with the NCI case since it was exposed publicly in 2007. My wife and I are some of the 100+ NCI victims. I am personally familar with most of the main organzations listed in this Petition and l remain very concerned about the way they have responded or not responded to NCI. I thus fully support this Petition and wholeheartedly support all of us who rally together to call for public transparency and accountability.
Name: Michele O'Donnell on
Comments: This is a great opportunity to get informed, step forward, and help right the wrongs. It is my hope that healing and justice prevail as we seek and embrace the whole truth in this far-reaching debacle.
14. Name: Dr. John Grisbacher on 2012-03-29 17:25:30
Name: Virginia Reynolds on
Comments: Do not let the bad guys get away with it. Be vigilant.
16. Name: Ricardo Tomboc on 2012-03-29 20:42:56
17. Name: Rev'd Peter W. Gilroy on 2012-03-29 21:41:31
18. Name: Charlene M. Hoyer on 2012-03-30 07:41:06
19. Name: Michael O'Donnell on 2012-03-30 11:31:21
20. Name: Valinda Harlan on 2012-03-30 11:37:35
21. Name: Mr. Niall O'Donnell on 2012-03-30 13:13:11
22. Name: Catherine O'Donnell on 2012-03-30 17:51:53
23. Name: Timothy O'Donnell on 2012-03-30 17:52:33
Name: Pierrick-Henri Viaud on
Comments: May God bless this petition
25. Name: Brian Field on 2012-03-30 20:44:52
Name: Ron Williams on 2012-03-30
Comments: Acknowledgement of and transparency in addressing fraud should be a key principle of donation receiving organizations that are either victims directly, or that are unwitting recepients of the fraud's ill gotten gains. It is no sin to have been duped. Ignoring or discounting fraud only perpetuates it and increases the likelihood of future incidents. It is for this reason we support this call for accountability and action.
Name: SeanCalvin Collins on
Comments: I believe the organizations and individuals who benefited from NCI funds should be held accountable to the investors who entrusted their life savings to NCI.
Name: Lynn Collins on 2012-03-31
Comments: I believe the beneficiaries of NCI funds should be accountable to the investors.
Name: Henny Pauw on 2012-03-31
Comments: There is nothing more ugly and dishonoring to God than preaching the Light and Truth, and at the same time walking in darkness and cover ups of the full truth.
Name: Stephen Harper on 2012-03-31
Comments: last i knew illuminating dark places has some sort of spiritual significance to us Christians, yes?
31. Name: Paul Harlan on 2012-03-31 16:23:26
Name: Ashling O'Donnell on
Comments: Student at Connecticut College
33. Name: Stephanie Kisch on 2012-03-31 22:02:52
34. Name: Erin O'Donnell on 2012-04-01 05:02:09
Name: Jonathan Quick on 2012-04-01
Comments: We and the institutions we lead are judged more by our actions than our words.
36. Name: Dudley Ward on 2012-04-01 18:20:51
Name: Caroline Hunt-Matthes on
Comments: An important initiative!
38. Name: Denise Bouvier on 2012-04-02 10:46:05
39. Name: Monica on 2012-04-02 19:35:22
40. Name: Susan Kerr on 2012-04-02 21:31:46
41. Name: Barrett Kelley on 2012-04-03 08:59:53
42. Name: Mona Makramalla on 2012-04-03 11:52:37
43. Name: Daniel Yoon on 2012-04-03 16:27:21
44. Name: Nancy Duncan on 2012-04-03 16:33:45
45. Name: Charles Skold on 2012-04-03 21:52:23
46. Name: Karl Mueller on 2012-04-03 23:09:25
47. Name: Donna Ingram on 2012-04-04 02:37:53
48. Name: Karen J. Kietzman on 2012-04-04 04:12:36
49. Name: Liz Steggall-Lewis on 2012-04-04 06:34:07
Name: Jill Ward on 2012-04-04
Comments: Integrity is vital and your zeal in promoting it is worthy of commendation.
51. Name: Vivian Villalobos on 2012-04-05 00:04:43
52. Name: Tina Quick on 2012-04-05 12:34:31
53. Name: Lois Bushong on 2012-04-05 13:46:35
Name: Judith Jerome on 2012-04-05
Comments: My prayers are with those who have been conned and are now working to get the truth out.
Name: Mrs. J.L vanderHeijde on
Comments: reason for signing is evident!
Name: Alex Palacios on 2012-04-05
Comments: Happy to support!
57. Name: Dr. Jane Gangi on 2012-04-06 00:19:11
58. Name: Janene Buckley Ala on 2012-04-06 02:06:39
59. Name: Mrs. Sandra Holt on 2012-04-06 12:40:25
60. Name: Mr. Stephen Holt on 2012-04-06 12:42:41
61. Name: Mr. James Peters on 2012-04-06 14:16:51
62. Name: Milton Womack, Ed.D. on 2012-04-06 14:59:11
63. Name: Ralph Thomas on 2012-04-06 17:05:42
64. Name: KB Umland on 2012-04-07 14:16:38
65. Name: Dr. William Clark on 2012-04-09 12:42:55
Name: Michael Pollock on 2012-04-11
Comments: By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:35
67. Name: Tim Tally on 2012-04-11 17:47:50
68. Name: Margie Tally on 2012-04-11 17:48:23
69. Name: John Umland on 2012-04-12 17:42:20
70. Name: Zach Landis-Lewis on 2012-04-13 13:54:24
71. Name: Bill Muscella on 2012-04-13 22:13:29
72. Name: Kim Rust on 2012-04-14 03:19:00
73. Name: Warren Rust on 2012-04-14 03:19:27
74. Name: Mary Mahon on 2012-04-14 04:16:58
75. Name: JoAnn Harper on 2012-04-15 00:05:37
Name: Meredith Birdsall on
Comments: I am so thrilled to know those who have been victimized have been vindicated!
77. Name: Janelle Barragan on 2012-04-20 00:44:19
Name: Stephen Anderson on 2012-04-20
Comments: International Training Consultant
79. Name: David Hawker, Associate Fellow, British Psychological Society on 2012-04-20 12:45:17
80. Name: Eric Stover on 2012-04-20 14:52:31
Name: Sinhyeok Park on 2012-04-22 15:46:03
Comments: Everyone must be honest in God.
Name: Bill Snyder on 2012-04-23
Comments: You asked for me to read the whole thing and see links, don't have the time to do that. I trust my friend that pointed me to this that it's legit. Try to make it easier for people or you won't get the response you are after. Bill
83. Name: Martha Dornbush on 2012-04-23 17:12:31
84. Name: Julie Anderson on 2012-04-23 17:30:38
85. Name: Julia Davis on 2012-04-24 12:23:00
86. Name: Marne Stover on 2012-04-25 13:17:16
87. Name: Tricia Johnson on 2012-04-30 20:54:48
Name: Dot and Mike Palmer Fry on 2012-05-02
Comments: PFCS Counselling and Mediation Services
Name: Mike and Dot Palmer Fry on
Comments: PFCS Counselling and Mediation Services
90. Name: Margaret Lewis on 2012-05-03 20:57:50
Name: Denise Brill on 2012-05-04
Comments: shine the light
92. Name: anonymous on 2012-05-04 09:11:36
Name: Judith Gunnett on 2012-05-04
Comments: let justice roll like a river and righteousness like a never failing stream!!
94. Name: Dr. Deborah Landis Lewis on 2012-05-05 14:02:12
95. Name: Marie-Laure Verdier on 2012-05-07 07:53:09
96. Name: Benjamin Levi MOSES on 2012-05-09 06:30:20
Name: Edmondson, E M S on 2012-05-14
Comments: Truth sets free. Get it out in the open. And let justice be tinged with mercy.
98. Name: Angela Brown on 2012-06-04 08:32:31
99. Name: Debbie Kramlich on 2012-06-04 12:56:25
100. Name: Andy Kach on 2012-07-11 18:32:58
101. Name: Michal Strojwas on 2012-07-31 09:38:41
Name: Michael Morykon LPC, LMFT on
Comments: A good name is better to be had than great riches! Light Counseling Inc. Lynchburg, VA. and One Another Ministries
103. Name: Karl Mueller on 2012-08-21 19:09:15
104. Name: Karen J. Kietzman, Psy.D. on 2012-08-22 03:01:39
Name: Antonia Leonora van der Meer
on 2012-08-22 14:59:32
Comments: We must walk in the light and I pray that all that is still hidden in darkness may come to the light and for the Lord to provide for those who have lost their money, acting in good faith.
Name: Jennifer Talley-Daeschner on
Comments: former ywamer
Name: Rand Guebert on 2012-08-25
Comments: This story is not over by any means. How will it end? Who will be involved?
108. Name: Conor O'Donnell on 2012-08-25 19:22:41
109. Name: Dr. Bettina M. Collins on 2012-12-07 12:25:04
Name: Richard Collins on 2012-12-07
Name: Jaap van den Top on 2013-03-29
Comments: Hoping on more transparency
112. Name: William H. Watson, PhD on 2015-02-01 19:14:34
113. Name: Bob Keeler on 2015-04-03 07:56:07
114. Name: Pablo Carrillo Luna on 2016-08-01 12:06:29
Comments: Although I don´t have to do with these organizations, I am the founder of an evangelical Latin mission agency. We have experienced in a minor scale fraud and dishonesty on some of our leaders in the donor´s world. Yes, I agree that money mismanagement and dishonesty should be exposed.
115. Name: Chiu-Hea Hills on 2016-10-02 14:30:26
116. Name: Ron Williams on 2016-11-18 21:11:46
117. Name: PETRA People Network on 2016-11-26 13:23:26
Comments: You can also use the petition's Facebook page to share the petition with others. https://www.facebook.com/PETRAPeopleNetwork/
118. Name: MCA Resources on 2016-11-26 13:25:58
119. Name: James Peters on 2016-11-27 02:28:59
120. Name: Hollis Lewis on 2016-11-27 20:25:34
121. Name: Kelly O'Donnell on 2016-11-29 12:49:08
Comments: I am reaffirming my support for this petition and the efforts to confront the NCI fraud and the call to live in integrity.
122. Name: Michele Lewis O'Donnell on 2016-11-29 13:28:34
Comments: I believe uniting to fight corruption and standing together in solidarity around this petition is critical. It is an important way forward toward knowing the truth, promoting healing, and building greater capacity in the church and mission community.
123. Name: Jorge Sierralta on 2016-11-29 14:03:30
Comments: Thank you
124. Name: Prabhu Guptara on 2016-11-29 14:07:37
125. Name: Ralph Winestock on 2016-11-29 14:17:23
Comments: Fraud must cease in the church. We must be diligent to watch and work against it when our most valued workers of the gospel get attacked.
126. Name: Conor O'Donnell on 2016-11-29 14:17:55
127. Name: Liz Steggall-Lewis on 2016-11-29 16:48:33
128. Name: Charles Skold on 2016-11-29 17:16:00
129. Name: John White on 2016-11-29 17:45:18
130. Name: Tina Quick on 2016-11-29 17:53:27
131. Name: Ricardo Tomboc on 2016-11-29 18:28:31
Comments: I support the Shine the light Together in being Transparent and open to verification.
132. Name: David Tan on 2016-11-29 18:42:44
133. Name: Sean and Lynn Collins on 2016-11-29 19:04:39
Comments: As Food for the Hungry International we were seconded to YWAM/MercyMinistries in the early 90's to help staff a new retreat centre in southern France. Although we did not personally become involved in the fraudulent investment program that was presented by the director of Le Rucher we had first hand experience of the activities that devastated the lives of mission families who invested their life savings and lost hundreds of thousands of dollars. We stand with those who await justice in this crucial matter.
134. Name: Stanley Grab on 2016-11-30 00:12:44
135. Name: Meredith Birdsall on 2016-11-30 09:55:50
136. Name: Matt H on 2016-11-30 20:01:21
137. Name: Debra Jarvis on 2016-11-30 20:12:40
138. Name: Brenna Hall on 2016-11-30 22:50:12
139. Name:John Umland on 2016-12-01 16:57:05
140. Name: Cherry G Steinmeier on 2016-12-03 01:23:02
141. Name: Marge Lewis on 2016-12-04 11:50:30
142. Name: Devin O'Donnell on 2016-12-04 15:11:14
143. Name: D Seymour on 2016-12-04 16:19:51
Comments: I thought honesty and christianity went together, but this case has proved that christians look after themselves, literally, not even each other, and prefer ignorance, I cannot believe in all these years that not a single christian has had the backbone to push on those in power in their organisations to answer difficult questions. Proverbs 8:5 O simple ones, learn prudence; O fools, learn sense.
144. Name: Rory O'Donnell on 2016-12-04 19:44:53
145. Name: Thomas on 2016-12-05 09:41:22
Comments: Committing fraud is bad for your karma
146. Name: Juan Sarmiento on 2016-12-05 09:46:57
147. Name: JoAnn Harper on 2016-12-05 13:40:00
148. Name: Benjamin Levi MOSES on 2016-12-05 18:05:35
149. Name: Rick Bernardo on 2016-12-06 06:07:00
Comments: No matter what good you are trying to do or who you are, any such toxin poisons the entire pool…
150. Name: Jiwan on 2016-12-06 08:27:44
151. Name: Ashling O'Donnell on 2016-12-06 17:22:36
152. Name: Huntington Filson on 2016-12-07 02:09:06
153. Name: Nicole on 2016-12-07 14:07:46
Comments: May 200 signatures become 200million!
154. Name: Todd M Johnson on 2016-12-08 04:04:40
155. Name: Helen Wheeler on 2016-12-08 13:37:04
Comments: What an unfortunate and hurtful situation caused by an organization you trusted. I hope this petition will help provide transparency in future dealings.
156. Name: Judith Jerome on 2016-12-08 13:49:40
157. Name: Joseph Parise on 2016-12-08 13:57:43
Comments: It's my pleasure.
158. Name: Corinna Nater on 2016-12-08 14:11:11
159. Name: Cheryl Sprague on 2016-12-08 14:11:11
160. Name: JoAnn Harper on 2016-12-08 14:17:09
161. Name: Michael o'Donnell on 2016-12-08 14:21:09
162. Name: Lois Bushong on 2016-12-08 14:26:57
163. Name: Liza van der Linde on 2016-12-08 14:29:08
164. Name: Michael Rogers on 2016-12-08 14:30:17
165. Name: Gary Strauss on 2016-12-08 14:43:26
Comments: Of all of the organizations and communities that abound in our world, the church and mission community ought to be the one leading the way in manifesting integrity and transparency. I view this issue as an imperative for all people and organizations of faith.
166. Name: William H Watson on 2016-12-08 15:05:31
167. Name: Mary Devins on 2016-12-08 15:24:31
168. Name: Patty Shepherd on 2016-12-08 15:56:10
169. Name: Czikus Carriere on 2016-12-08 16:04:14
Comments: Not clear what the signature is aiming at specifically, but I agree that all fraudsters ought to be found and punished
170. Name: Joy Bustrum on 2016-12-08 16:15:18
171. Name: Keith Edwards on 2016-12-08 16:39:13
172. Name: Stephen Holt on 2016-12-08 17:15:41
173. Name: Katy O'Donnell on 2016-12-08 17:30:34
174. Name: Isac Soundararaja on 2016-12-08 17:40:27
175. Name: Marilyn Hancock on 2016-12-08 17:59:56
176. Name: Bill Clark on 2016-12-08 20:35:24
Comments: standing with you all and asking the Father for integrity for myself and the body of the Messiah
177. Name: Caroline Hunt-Matthes on 2016-12-08 20:57:10
178. Name: Michael Pollock on 2016-12-08 21:47:34
Comments: It is imperative that the church and mission community demonstrate radical care for one another. Defrauding one another is antithetical to the Way of Yeshua.
179. Name: Laetitia van Haren on 2016-12-09 08:43:48
Comments: Apart from the damage to projects destined to help the poor en promot social justice, fraud under Christian cover is morally even more damaging than "ordinary" business or civil service corruption. It contributes to the spreading feeling that no one can be trusted, that even the faithful are fake. If we can trust no one, we cannot live togther. And if we can't live together, we can't find happiness anywhere.
180. Name: Denise Bouvier on 2016-12-09 11:59:16
Comments: May justice prevail!
181. Name: Shannon Eaton on 2016-12-09 13:15:36
Comments: 182. Name: Niall O'Donnell on 2016-12-09 14:28:29 Comments: 183.
Name: Virginia Reynolds on 2016-12-09 18:00:38
184. Name: Jay Gary on 2016-12-10 11:41:59
Comments: Stand w/ me against wolves in sheep's clothing
185. Name: Emily Hervey on 2016-12-11 05:23:51
186. Name: Judith Tiersma on 2016-12-12 20:41:05
187. Name: James Vander Spek on 2016-12-12 22:45:03
188. Name: Betsy on 2016-12-14 14:47:57
Comments: Standing up against corruption.
189. Name: Bridget O'Donnell on 2016-12-15 22:08:22
190. Name: Dudley Ward on 2016-12-16 16:02:22
191. Name: Daniel Brill on 2016-12-16 16:03:03
Comments: Truth sets us free
192. Name: Afton Beutler on 2016-12-16 16:38:41 Comments: Representing Mothers Legacy Project at UN Geneva
193. Name: Barbara DeGrand on 2016-12-16 17:17:52
194. Name: Mira on 2016-12-16 18:58:34
195. Name: Stephen Harper on 2016-12-16 19:31:09
196. Name: Rand Guebert on 2016-12-16 19:56:04
Comments: There is a story here that EVERYONE should know. Everyone should have the opportunity to evaluate whether the ends justify the means,
197. Name: Patty Shepherd on 2016-12-17 03:55:35
198. Name: JJ Ratnakumar on 2016-12-17 13:25:09
Comments: Our trust Missionary Upholders Trust started in 1993 has 200 member missions with 20000 members. It is an umbrella organisation with strong values. We are against all sorts of corruption.
199. Name: Emma Viaud on 2016-12-18 09:38:49
200. Name: Tricia Johnson on 2016-12-19 02:34:54
Comments: Transparency is the only ethical approach.
201. Name: Angela Brown on 2016-12-21 11:34:04
202. Name: Michael Morykon on 2016-12-21 16:13:56
Comments: For the love of money is a root of all kinds evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (I Tim 6:10)
203. Name: Alex Palacios on 2016-12-22 19:28:52
Comments: Transparency and accountability are fundamental!
204. Name: Jane M Gangi PhD on 2016-12-30 01:23:48
205. Name: Thomas Hyland on 2017-02-04 20:01:32
206. Name: Ruth on 2017-03-05 21:28:29
Comments: Some sort of investigation definitely seems necessary.
207. Name: Christina Kim on 2017-03-16 15:48:35
208. Name: Kathryn Ray on 2017-03-31 17:54:03
Comments: Field Support is an independent online counseling practice providing services to cross-cultural workers around the world.
More signatures are welcome!
- November 15
- There are 115 signatures as of 15 November 2016. The next phase: reaching 200 signatures. Then 300, 400, 500 signatures, etc. ------------------------------------- This petition, initiated in March 2012, will contnue until its resolute, public call is answered: a) for assistance from all those affected by the NCI fraud; and b) for verifiable disclosures/independent reviews (transparency and accountability) by the organisations listed in the petition. It is crucial to follow good financial practice and act with integrity: for one’s own sake, the sake of one’s organization, the church-mission community, and the general public. Someone, sooner or later, alone or with others, must break the silence. show more
No signatures yet. Be the first one!