Petition against development of Biomass Incinerator located at Stonehall, north of Shannon Aerospace, Shannon, County Clare
This large site (circa 80 acres) is located at Stonehall, north of Shannon Aerospace, and is going to be zoned to facilitate the development of a large scale green/ renewable energy development i.e a Biomass incinerator which will NOT be Carbon neutral.
Policies in the County development plan allow for waste to Energy for the generation of power and this would lead the way for Industries to operate on this site for the purpose of burning waste to Energy. ie incineration process.
- There are numerous industrial areas in the Shannon region already available to accomodate this development, with existing services in place (roads, water, power)
- The Mid Western Regional Authority is opposed to the zoning of this site.
They believe there are plenty of Brown field sites in the Industrial estate for the re-generation of Industry.
- There is already an oversupply of Zoned Land in the Shannon region.
- It will split up a community.
An new Industrial Estate will be located between a Primary School and Carrygerry Church. We do not want the Environment eroded further.
- It will also cause displacement of Jobs.
John Millane employs people on his organic farm beside this proposed land being zoned.
- It will also effect tourism in the area.
Carrygerry Hotel and various B&B's.
Please offer your support and oppose this rezoning .
Please reply below with the text " I support this petition"
More Updates will be posted on our website Shannon Rezoning
Our FACEBOOK page is located HERE please LIKE