The time has come to put pressure on the government to abolish the very out of date TV license system. With cost of living being at an all time high and with most house holds paying for cable or Sky why should we pay a further fee to the BBC. The eare for when there was a need to fund such a service has well and truely passed, the world is very much a different place. The BBC squander tens of millions of tax payers money on self greed and show of power EVERY year. They should be made to run their business like any other channel.
- The NAO has already censured the BBC over the £2billion it has spent on three costly building projects, including its £1billion London headquarters, which was delayed by four years and went £107million over budget
- Broadcast house now costs £89million to run 'every year'
- The BBC has written off nearly £100m on a digital media initiative technology project, so badly mismanaged that director general Tony Hall decided to scrap it in three years
- In 2007 BBC Worlwide bought the travel publisher Lonely Planet in a deal worth £130million. However, it failed to make it a success and sold it off at an £80milliom loss just six years later
- MP's have also slammed the BBC for paying off staff to the tune of £369million in recent times
And the examples go on and on..........
This is what happens when you're effectively given money instead of earning it. No one cares about being accountable, after all why bother we'll get more next year!
Put pen to paper and strive for change, sign the petition NOW!