Save Our Services! - No to Cuts and Privatisations in Bristol East
Whoever wins the next election; all the main parties want to cut public services. They say there is no alternative but the recession was caused by big bankers and fat-cat speculators who have had billions of pounds thrown at them. Cutting jobs and the services that people rely upon will make the economy worse, not better. We don’t think ordinary working class and middle class people should pay the price for a crisis we didn’t cause.
· No cuts and privatisations to our services.
· Keep the NHS public. Stop the downgrade at Frenchay hospital.
· Kick private firms like First out. We need an affordable, integrated, publicly owned transport system.
· Stop and reverse the Post Office closure programme.
· Keep education free, publicly owned and under local democratic control.