Save the Celery Fields in Sarasota, FL
Please sign and share this petition! Then call and email Sarasota County Commissioners (see below) and tell
them you don't want a 16-acre, industrial recycling plant built next to
the bird sanctuary at the Celery Fields! The county owns the land and
also gets to approve or deny the zoning exception required to build this
industrial facility in a gem of our community.
What to expect if we don't take action:
- Noise! The facility will be permitted to CRUSH CONCRETE 6 days a week from 7 am to 5 pm. If you've never heard the machines that do this, they are loud!
- Pollution! Get ready for 35-foot piles of heavy construction materials, yard waste and miscellaneous debris blowing into the air and leaching into our groundwater. There will also be towering smoke stacks.
- Traffic! They estimate up to 100 trucks daily will be dropping off construction waste from around the county. Palmer Blvd. is NOT going to support this kind of heavy additional congestion without seriously degrading the quality of life for all living things around it.
- Property values! People have invested heavily in their homes around this beautiful park and pay their fair share of property taxes. This is NOT the right place to build this facility!
Please make your objections heard and take action now... Contact Sarasota County Commissioners:
County Commissioner phone number: 941-861-5344
Email the Sarasota County Commissioners:
District 1: Michael A. Moran - firstname.lastname@example.org
District 2: Paul Caragiulo - email@example.com
District 3: Nancy C. Detert - firstname.lastname@example.org
District 4: Alan Maio - email@example.com
District 5: Charles D. Hines - firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 23
- Recycling Plant Applicant Donated $17,400 to Commissioners. http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/recycling-plant-applicant-donated-to-commissioners/article_aa8ea7d4-0f5c-11e7-8567-673761e3948a.html show more
- February 26
- Saturday, February, 25th: Hundreds of residents and concerned citizens turn up to protest the proposed rezone: http://www.snntv.com/2017/02/25/protest-keep-celery-fields/ show more
- February 9
- We are now live! show more
10 hours agoYour Neighbor United States10 hours ago
12 hours agoPat Coe United States12 hours ago
15 hours agoMerrill Tanner United States15 hours ago
15 hours agoKelsey Smith United States15 hours ago
17 hours agoCaitlin United States17 hours ago
20 hours agoJenna Gagliano United States20 hours ago
23 hours agoKimberly Taylor United States23 hours ago
1 day agoGilad Ofek France1 day ago
1 day agoChristine Lindsey United States1 day ago
1 day agoAndrew T Hibbs United States1 day ago
1 day agoRhonda M Wilson United States1 day ago
1 day agoRenee DuBois United States1 day ago
1 day agoPaige Arms United States1 day ago
1 day agoDean Anthony United States1 day ago
2 days agoKatelyn Studer United States2 days ago