The Issues (SCOBA Millennials)
1. Poor feeding of minor seminarians (We understand the pressure on resources, but allow pupils to bring their provision and put measures in place to secure it. The collective provision sharing formula is obviously not working).
2. Investigate the circumstances surrounding the death of a minor seminarian about two years ago.
3. Investigate academic standard of the institution. Why have all the experienced hands left the Seminary? why do Corp members and Npower now teach in the institution? how does this impact academic outcomes?
4. 2/3 minor seminarian are know ulcer patients. 2/4 minor seminarian are known to suffer from low self esteem or PTSD. If a child looses self confidence at a young age, what else will help the child through his adulthood?
5. School administration is a partner charged with managing complex stakeholders (parents, pupils, government, the public etc.) Diplomacy and likeability are sine qua non to success in this role, not high handedness.
6. Why did 6 pupils graduate in the recently concluded academic session? There will always be reasons to expel pupils, but are we meant to expel them at every opportunity or to form them to be better? How many of us has God expelled for our wrong doings? the bible says, if you o Lord will count our guilt, who will survive?
Once we see progress and the commitment of the diocese to act right, we will stop this protestation.
Closing remark, no priest is involved in this protestation. chase the message, tackle the issues, ignore the messenger.
Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta!!!