SAVE KIDS FROM LOOP 49
(Note: When you go to sign, iPetition will ask for a contribution. Just click "Next" and then "X" out of that tab to proceed. We are NOT asking for donations. It is an iPetition advertisement we do not support.)
Regarding the upcoming expansion of Toll Road 49 (Segment 6), we present ourselves as a local nonpolitical organization known as Save Kid From Loop 49 (SKFL49) dedicated to the following:
- Preventing the placement of a huge interchange that may be 800 feet or less from Kissam Intermediate School and extremely close to Chapel Hill High School and Cuddle Bugs Learning Center. We must protect these children.
- The commitment to building the most cost-effective and convenient route possible for the greatest number of people in Smith County including the University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler Junior College, and medical providers including but not limited to: Christus Health System, UT Health East Texas and the University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler communities
- Preserving state and federal taxpayer dollars
- Preserving Lake Tyler, the city’s primary water supply
- Preserving Lake Tyler’s wetlands
- Preserve private property owner rights and reducing number of homesteads destroyed
- Preserving lives by pushing for improved safety features on Toll 49 (Segment 6)
The NETRMA proposed TEAL route egregiously violates these same objectives and would provide a disastrous choice for Toll Road 49 expansion. The TEAL route was altered after public input and now many are unaware how this will affect them.
Statements made here regarding the proposed routes are based upon facts and not subjective opinion. These facts are supported by engineer reports and GIS analysis and are referenced and available online at KeepLoopOffLake.com.
All the following signees fully support in totality the content of this coalition letter for the benefit of Smith County taxpayers and private property owners.
SKFL49 also asks that Toll 49 (Segment 6) be built with more safety features (e.g. guard rails, lighting, 4-foot median barrier with rumble strips and reflectors, and passing lanes, well marked lanes, break away sign posts).
Say NO to The TEAL Route.
Say YES to the PURPLE Route.
KEEP KIDS SAFE FROM LOOP 49