Safe Bike Lanes Greenwich
33 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
33 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Why we should build safe bike lanes in Greenwich:
- It inspires more people to ride bicycles
- New York City found it was able to double the number of people commuting by bicycle in just a few years after introducing a few cycling initiatives including bike lanes.
- It stimulates the local economy
- In Manhattan, streets that had bike lanes put in saw their business increase by nearly 50%.
- It's safer for cyclists
- Accidents happen, but research illustrates that city streets with bike lanes reduce the rate of cyclist injury by 50%. In fact, protected bike lanes - those with barriers dividing cyclists from vehicles - cuts the injury rate by a whopping 90%.
- It‘s safer for motorists
- When bike space is clearly marked by paint, drivers knew how much space to allow and were less than half as likely to subconsciously swerve into another lane of traffic.
- It has a real impact on the environment
- Cycling lowers your carbon footprint by not emitting pollution or burning fossil fuels.
Here's What You Can Do
To encourage bicycling and bicycle-friendly streets in Greenwich, help me a build public support.
Help me promote this awareness campaign by signing the petition below.
I will be sending this petition to the Town of Greenwich elected officials and municipal leaders.