RSU 18 Mass Customized Learning Curriculum Petition
48 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
48 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
If you have already signed a paper copy of this petition please do not duplicate your signature here!
The administration and school board of RSU 18 has begun implementation of a Mass Customized Learning curriculum. The proposed model is of concern for our students due to the following:
- Lack of data to support an implementation process
- Lack of data supporting the long term success of this model in a K-12 public education model as it relates to the cognitive, social, emotional development of children with various abilities and needs
- Significant increase in the number of teacher resignations and early retirement
- Ongoing concerns expressed by parents, teachers and administrators that continue to go unanswered
- Lack of effective teacher training and leadership for successful implementation
- Lack of identified time lines for monitoring the success of implementation
- Lack of predefined measurable goals and matrices to monitor the impact on the students of this district
- Misleading representation of the administration and teacher investment in this model
By signing this petition you support ceasing the implementation of MCL and support further discussion related to the impact of this curriculum on the students and teachers of RSU 18.