Robbers targeting Frisco Indians and South Asians
Based on recent robbery incidents in Frisco, the Indian community would like to petition for increased patrols and safety measures in the neighborhood from Frisco City Council/Police department.
Through many incidents heard from our friends/family in the Frisco neighborhood in recent past, specifically targeting Indian community, we believe that Indian community being conceived as affluent may be one of many reasons.
The recent incident in Amberdale Ln, Frisco (Village Lake subdivision) which involved breaking through the glass door, tying up husband/wife and demanding jewelry and cash at gunpoint has brought in shivers to many of us living in the neighborhood.
In the light of this horrific robbery we demand the following:
1. Police must start investigations immediately on the house
robbed recently and arrest robbers.
2. Increase police patrols in affected areas and communities where Indians/South Asians reside.
3. Frisco City Council to meet with Indian community leaders to address the member's concerns and take measures to avoid these in the future.
4. Police and City Council must provide reassurance and 'a sense of security' by releasing a strong statement.
5. Effective measures to build strong neighborhood partnerships in all areas.
To raise the above petition to the Frisco City Council/Mayor, on behalf of Frisco Indians and South Asian Community we have created this online petition and request all of you to share and support this online petition.
Once we receive sufficient signatures as an acknowledgement to this petition, we will be handing over the same to the Frisco City Council and Frisco Police.
Thanks very much for your help and support.
Frisco Indian Community