Road Safety in Coorparoo
We, the undersigned, call on the Brisbane City Council, and the Lord Mayor, to improve the safety and road conditions of the area around Coorparoo Square and Coorparoo Junction, including Cavendish Road, Holdsworth Street, Harries Road, Mansfield Street, and Wakefield Street.
Council should engage in immediate community consultation working towards delivering solutions for:
- Improvements, such as installation of signals or roundabouts, and/or realignment as appropriate, to the intersections of Holdsworth Street and Harries Road, and Holdsworth Street, Kitchener Road and Cavendish Road.
- Extension of a 24 hour ‘no stopping zone’ along the section of Cavendish Road between Old Cleveland Road and Holdwsworth Street.
- Enhanced pedestrian markings for the slip lane from Harries Road to Old Cleveland Road, and crossings at Mansfield Street
- Consultation on making Holdsworth Street and Wakefield Street one way only
- Safer pedestrian crossings across Holdsworth Street between Coorparoo Square and Woolworths
[Please note: to ensure your signature is recognised by the Brisbane City Council, all information, including a street address, must be completed.]