Reverse the Marijuana Ban
We, the people, of the tri-cities area respectfully request the removal of any bans on producing, processing and selling of marijuana. Most of us were unable to attend the hearing and/or have difficulty attending council meetings due to hardships, medical reasons, family obligations, etc. Safe access to medicine and recreation are protected under the following human rights:
1. Right to life
2. Right to liberty
3. Right to the pursuit of happiness
4. Right to security of person
5. Right to the protection of the law
6. The right to own property and not be arbitrarily deprived of property.
7. The right to freedom of thought, conscience, and religions; and the right to exercise those beliefs.
8. The right to take part in the government.
9. The right to rest and leisure
10. The right to work
11. The right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including medical care and necessary social services,
12. The right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.