PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION REQUESTING FOR A DELAY OF MINUTES TO PRESERVE HOURS OF OPERATION FOR LOW SPEED VEHICLES
On November 17, 2016, the Transportation and Licensing Commission (TLC) will enact a new regulation that prohibits mass transit by Street Legal Golf Carts (LSV’s) Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00am-9:30am CST and 4:00pm-6:30pm CST BEFORE a traffic study has been performed on LSV’s. We at Joyride believe this is an unfair act and are asking you to sign this petition to delay the regulation until the traffic study has been completed and an informed decision has been made.
Here is some additional information Joyride would like to share with you:
- Joyride has facilitated over 1.2 million rides since 2013
- We received over 122,962 calls this year
- 42% of all of our calls have been during the hours of 7:00am-9:30am and 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Joyride is the last mile for mass transit for Buses and the train station
- Every city that has done a study on LSV’s has showed an improvement in transit
- Joyride has over 350 full/part time drivers currently employed
- Joyride has the best safety record of any transportation option in Nashville
- Average speed of downtown traffic is 16 mph and our vehicles max out at 25 mph but our recorded average is 16.3 mph
- We transport hundreds of workers daily from parking garages to their place of employment in downtown Nashville.
PLEASE HELP US AND SIGN THIS PETITION REQUESTING FOR A DELAY OF MINUTES TO PRESERVE HOURS OF OPERATION FOR LOW SPEED VEHICLES UNTIL AN INCLUSIVE TRAFFIC STUDY IS COMPLETED ON LOW SPEED VEHICLES BY THE CITY OF NASHVILLE.
We the undersigned:
1) Oppose the restricted hours of operation between 7:00am-9:30am cst / 4:00pm-6:30pm cst, Monday through Friday
2) We ask that an inclusive traffic study is completed individually for the LSV industry before the restricted hours of operation are enacted on November 17, 2016.
3) We ask Nashville to recognize the difference between the Low Speed Vehicle Industry “LSV” aka: Street Legal Golf carts (Joyride, Cruzzin’, Hee Haulin & Happy Ride) versus the Slow Moving Vehicle Industry “SLV” (Pedal Bars, Horse Drawn Carriages & Pedicabs)