Remove MYBA Board of Directors
In order to cast your vote, you must be a resident of the City of Moore and have interest in MYBA. Our recommendation is that you have a child in the league yourself or currently coaching if you have no children playing.
- Whereas, Ron Cartmill is the President of Moore Youth Baseball Association • Whereas, the wife of Ron Cartmill, Charlotte Cartmill, operates a business selling apparel by the name of Blingy Ts
- Whereas, the use of Blingy T’s by MYBA constitutes an indirect reception of money from MYBA by the President. MYBA has purchased the MLB Future All Stars, League All Star game, and staff t-shirts from Blingy T’s.
- Whereas, Blingy T’s has printed unlicensed MLB logos which could put MYBA at financial liability
- Whereas, there is currently a lawsuit pending against MYBA, Ron Cartmill, and his son Riley Cartmill for negligence in the operation of a mule ATV driven by a person other than the defendant, causing a passenger to have his foot nearly severed
- Whereas, an image exists of a can of beer in the concession stand in direct violation of City rules with no alcohol inside the park and being consumed around minors while moving into the new concession stand. This image contains JD Howerton in the image. It has been admitted that both JD and Ron are visible in the image and was said they each consumed alcohol that night.
- Whereas, it was voted to remove Rodger Goracke from the Board of Directors for bringing the information of the lawsuit to the attention of the Board of Directors. This removal happened to be the day before votes were taking place where Rodger was challenging Ron for Board President. No vote was held on the position of Board President, because the person was removed. Words were twisted to get Rodger voted off and in hindsight, many would not have voted that way again.
- Whereas, votes never occurred to accept the proposal for B&C which would have benefited the Association a great deal of money in the long term
- Whereas, Joy Howerton is the Association Treasurer and is being paid a salary of $200 per month during the regular season and $75 per month in the off season to also serve at the Association CPA
- Whereas, Joy Howerton, JD Howerton, and Brian Sloan all knew of the lawsuit pending against Ron Cartmill as well as the issues of Blingy T’s and B&C Apparel and took no action against Ron Cartmill
- Whereas, the members of this Association have lost all confidence in the management of this Association after the Board of Directors meeting on 4/27/16
We, the regular members of this Association, hereby demand the the dissolution of the MYBA Board of Directors. We demand a committee be appointed to rewrite the bylaws to account for the grievances and security of our children. We demand new and fair elections be held for every position on the Board of Directors.