BHSC Members' Call to Reinstate Jon Sarosiek and Samantha Strong
378 signers. Add your name now!
378 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
A petition to the University Foundation and leadership of the University of Virginia
We, the undersigned members of Boar's Head Sports Club, object in the most strenuous terms to the dismissal of Jon Sarosiek and Samantha Strong from their positions. We demand that they be reinstated immediately and that Russ Cronberg, General Manager of Boar's Head Resort, be dismissed for poor judgment, and attempting to cover-up his own transgressions.
- Jon Sarosiek and Samantha Strong have been exemplary leaders of Boar's Head Sports Club (BHSC);
- Jon has greatly expanded the number and quality of events at BHSC;
- Jon has increased participation in recreational tennis play and squash play;
- Samantha has expanded membership and increased the diversity of members at BHSC;
- Jon and Samantha are universally respected, admired, and warmly regarded by the membership;
- Jon and Samantha have excelled at their core job functions;
- Jon and Samantha have demonstrated extraordinary creativity and energy during unprecedented times;
- Jon and Samantha have acted steadfastly to protect the integrity of the work environment at BHSC.
- Russ has dismissed a number of key employees for "Insubordination";
- "Insubordination" is an excuse given by poor leaders who discourage dissenting opinions and cannot accept criticism of their own actions;
- The "insubordination" in this case involved Jon and Samantha encouraging an employee to report Russ's inappropriate questions to University Foundation HR;
- Firing whistleblowers is a classic move of weak leaders.
Now Therefore: The members listed below demand that:
- Jon Sarosiek and Samantha Strong be reinstated to their positions immediately and with any back pay due;
- The University Foundation and Boar's Head Resort formally apologize to Jon and Samantha for being badly mistreated;
- Russ Cronberg be dismissed for placing his pride above the best interests of BHSC;
- That if these demands are not met, we as members will freeze our memberships until these issues are resolved adequately.