REFUNDS AND COMMUNITY RESTRICTIONS
We, the homeowners of Blue Mountain Lake community, respectfully request a partial refund of our HOA dues for the years 2020 and 2021 for restricting and/or banning the use of our community amenities without reducing the cost of our HOA fees.
As homeowners, we are paying annual HOA fees to include full use of the community facilities. The homeowners of Blue Mountain Lake Community request a refund of 50% of our HOA dues for each year we had restricted and/or no use of the amenities in our community (May-Oct).
Below is a list of our complaints and concerns:
- In 2020 the homeowners were banned from using any amenities in the community, including use of the benches to sit on at the lake, use of the pool, gazebo, community building, basketball courts, and tennis courts
2021 “new” pool restrictions include
- There will be 4 daily time slots for 90 minutes each. After the 90 minutes all members will be required to leave the pool so that staff may sanitize, as per the CDC guidelines, the pool/area for the next registered members on the 2nd time slot. This process will continue through 7:00 p.m. for a total of 4 swim time slots per pool per day.
- A general waiver along with a COVID-19 Disclosure, Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnification Agreement must be completed and agreed to at each and every visit to the pool. Admittance will not be permitted without these waivers.
- Reservations will be limited to 1 per day per account, a maximum of 6 persons in each booking, and we recommend that reservations be made 24 hours in advance. A maximum of three sessions can be booked by one account per week.
- If the reservation holder does not arrive within 15 mins of the scheduled time slot, their time is forfeited. Those reserving time slots must be a member in good standing.
- Furniture is not being provided at the pools for safety reasons. Food, toys, and floats will not be permitted. Only US Coast Guard approved lifejackets will be allowed into the pool area.
- You will be asked to participate in active swim for your time slot and when not swimming the mask guidelines as per the CDC will be required to be followed. We ask that you maintain social distancing from anyone outside of your family.
The Blue Mountain Lake Community HOA respectfully requests a partial refund for 2020 in the amount of 50% of the annual HOA fees the homeowner paid. We request a partial refund for 2021 in the amount of 50% of the annual HOA fees the homeowner paid OR full use of all amenities in our community. We, the undersigned, stand united as the Homeowner’s Association for Blue Mountain Lake community for a fair and equitable resolution to the denied and restricted use of the amenities in our community.