REFUND FOR ABU BAKAR EVENT 9/2/17
Many families paid $200+ on the night of this event with the promise of naheeds and recitation by Sheikh Mishary AlAfasy Instead this is what happened:
- The event started at 6:50, we were promised 6pm.
- There was no schedule given out, it was just full of disappointing surprises
- The MC's irrelevant personal story
- Two hours of showcasing students when it was NOT included in the flyer
- A poet that doesn't understand when his time is up
- Unorganized prayer break
- Very rude, inconsistent, and unorganized staff and volunteers
- Finally in the last hour, the sheikh is brought on stage
- Before that, the loudest and most painful hype man comes on stage as if it's a concert when we came to listen the words of God
- Babies start crying, moms go outside pleading with the volunteers to turn down the volume only to be ignored
- Finally when the staff listens, the hype man brushes it off with a joke
- More students come on stage while the sheikh is sitting there, we paid for HIM not a 3+ hours long advertisement of Abu Bakar's students.
- Every time the crowd cheered him on, the hype man would insist he's "تعبان" (tired). WE PAID $30 EACH SO HE CAN REST ON STAGE? He was MORE than happy to continue, but Abu Bakar insisted on continuing the advertisement.
- The event ends at almost 11pm, when it was says 9pm on the flyer
Take a look at the flyer yourself (attached image). We have been to numerous Islamic events and this was by far the worst. We were promised a night with MISHARY ALAFASY with his recitation of QURAN AND NASHEEDS. We didn't get that promise. We demand a refund.