Reform Party: Fiscal Reform
The National Debt current sits at 16,595,422,886,067 dollars and on average increases by a rate of 3.84 billion per day. At the current rate, the national debt will rise to over 20 trillion dollars in the next four years. This growing debt threatens the stability of the country, reduces economic growth and burdens future generations with paying for the mismanagement of finances by the present officeholders.
To fix America’s financial problems, I support the following solutions:
1. Pass a balanced budget amendment to force congress to live within its means with exceptions by supermajority vote for war and national emergencies.
2. Develop a detailed comprehensive plan that balances the budget within a time frame of four to ten years.
3. Issue an annual report to ensure Congress is meeting the obligations of its balanced budget plan.
4. Increase revenues by reducing special interest loopholes in the tax code,making reforms to the tax code and eliminating business deductions for discretionary "business" expenditures.
5. Reduce spending by rooting out fraud and cutting waste in defense spending, social programs and discretionary budgets.
6. Reduce spending and make the government more effective by restructuring government organizations to reduce overlap.
7. Restructure Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security in a way that makes it sustainable without putting the country’s most at risk in jeopardy.
8. Create a uniform accounting system that meets the needs of all government departments and agencies
9. Stop the practice of keeping some projects off the books unless it creates a risk to national security or the lives of Americans.
10. Create mandatory audits of departments and government organizations, and if an organization is not auditable, investigate it to find out why.
Is there a cause you really care about? Start a free petition like this one and make a real difference.
2 years agoBill Wojtas United States2 years ago
3 years agoStephen Gray United States3 years ago
3 years agoDavid Harper3 years ago
3 years agoSam Martin3 years ago
3 years agoRodney Jackson3 years ago
3 years agoSean McGechie3 years ago
3 years agoMarlon Pagtakhan United States3 years ago
3 years agoJason Roberts United States3 years ago
3 years agogeorge vlahos United States3 years ago
3 years agoDarlene R Geloni United States3 years ago
3 years agoJackie Freeman United States3 years ago
3 years agoRich Gold Philippines3 years ago
3 years agoRobert A Rotella United States3 years ago
3 years agoAdam Winter United States3 years ago
3 years agoAlan Reynolds United States3 years ago