Redrow Homes Llantarnam
PETITION AGAINST DEVELOPMENT OF LAND AT LLANTARNAM FOR EMPLOYMENT (B1), RESIDENTIAL (C3), A NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE (INC A1 RETAIL & D1 COMMUNITY USES), TOGETHER WITH VEHICULAR AND PEDESTRIAN/CYCLE ACCESS INCLUDING NEW HIGHWAY JUNCTION ON NEWPORT ROAD, REALIGNMENT OF MALTHOUSE LANE, RE-GRADING OF SITE TO FORM NEW SITE LEVELS AND ASSOCIATED INFRASTRUCTURE WORKS, PARKING, SERVICING, LANDSCAPING AND PUBLIC OPEN SPACE PROVISION.
We, the undersigned, object most strongly to the Redrow Homes planning application (no 12/P/00288 )on land at Llantarnam as above. We call on Torfaen CBC to reject it on the following bases:
- Inappropriate housing development on high quality agricultural land of recorded historical significance (Grade II Listed).
- Inappropriately located housing on valuable agricultural land off Ty Coch Lane immediately in front of 275,000v sub-station, preventing future use of Ty Coch Lane as a recreational space by the local community and others.
- Inappropriate plans to divert Malthouse Lane through proposed housing development increasing traffic flow on the lane and bringing heavy low-loaders, HGV’s, farm vehicles and traffic through the housing estate.
- Undesirable neighbourhood centre near public house and nursing homes that would negate all community recreational space currently used by people within and outside the community.
- Unnecessary new industrial units (including opposite 4-star Parkway Hotel) – there is no demonstrable need for new industrial units in a county with a large number of half empty industrial estates.
- Unjustified destruction of valuable wildlife habitats, loss of hedgerows and alteration of natural drainage systems.
The only part of the Redrow plan that is actually needed within the County Borough is Affordable Housing. This can be achieved by developing existing brownfield sites within the boundaries of Torfaen.