Redirect UN Funding to Women Groups
Petition to the Canadian Federal Government,
- Canada has been an active member at the United Nations, since the foundation of this organization in 1945. In 2015 a UN committee elected Saudi Arabia to a four year term as Chair of the Human Rights Council, and in 2017 a UN committee elected Saudi Arabia to a four year term as a member of the Commission on the Status of Women.
- Saudi Arabia is one of the world's leading oppressor of women rights.
- Canada spends close to $163 a year per Canadian on foreign aid that is tied to the United Nations.
- In 2015, the federal government censored its Human Rights Report on Saudi Arabia.
- Women throughout the world rely on the United Nations to provide protection from various atrocities and abuses inflicted upon them, and this protection is now in question.
- Canada should and must lead by example, and announce that these actions involving Saudi Arabia as member of the UN Council and Commission, are in violation of everything that Canadians and our country stands for.
We, the Canadian people, call upon the federal government to release the complete human rights report on Saudi Arabia.
We, the Canadian people, call upon the federal government to redirect all funding to the United Nations in protest to Saudi Arabia being on the Human Rights Council and the Commission on Status of Women, and redirect all of this funding to WOMEN CHARITIES ACROSS CANADA.