QC Student Welfare Petition
12 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
12 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We ask all Quad Cities school districts to adhere to the five following policy changes in support of student mental health:
- Mental health symptom/ACE annual screenings offered and explained, with proper referrals
- Accepting mental health symptoms for sick days, as well as accepting psychiatrist/therapist/counselor/social worker notes for extended absences
- Comprehensive and interactive annual staff and educator trainings provided by professional trainers: trauma informed care (punishment vs. habilitation; signs and symptoms; correct responses), clarity of professional mental health roles and resource referrals, diversity and inclusion, QPR
- Increased number of student advocates (social workers, behavioral specialists/interventionists)
- Creating calm-down and inductive reasoning spaces/policies as alternative to referrals and punitive policies