Protect the Diversity of the Hill & Stop Historical Designation
Please sign if you are opposed to the City’s current proposal to designate approximately 50% of the Hill as a historic district.
- The architecture on the Hill is very diverse and has evolved significantly in the past 150 years
- City Planners are managing new requests well and are protecting the essence of the Hill
- NIMBY mentality is disrupting neighborhood
- New R6 changes have had little time to take effect (only 1 tear down since R6)
- Owners pay enough in taxes today. Additional fees & gov reviews are unnecessary and costly
- 85% of buildings assessed by the City on the Hill are subject to Historical review for items as minor as changing your door or color of any masonry work
- Lead Affordable Housing companies in Portland believe designation will hurt affordable / workplace housing opportunities
Support Your Neighbors and Stop the Historical Designation movement!