Proposed Subway Elevator Structures in NYPD Frozen Zone
We, the undersigned, strongly oppose the placement of two subway elevator structures at 15 and 30 Broad Street as a "give back" for 45 Broad Street for additional square footage.
- Developer of 45 Broad is proposing subway elevators at 15 and 30 Broad as a give back for additional square footage ( http://newyorkyimby.com/2016/07/45-broad-street-supertall-coming-with-new-subway-elevators-financial-district.html)
- Proposed elevator structures will be in the NYPD “frozen security zone” where vehicles and hand carts must be screened, so this poses a security risk (someone can bypass security screening using the elevator from another station)
- 15 Broad is prohibited from placing planters at their front door (for fear that they would become shrapnel in the event of an explosion)
- Proposed structure will be on one of the the only landmarked streets in the city
- The Fulton Street Station is one stop away from the proposed elevators – there are significant accessibility gaps in other parts of lower Manhattan that can benefit more from accessible stations
- The Broad Street J/Z Station is ranked #241 in ridership (compared to Fulton Street ranked #7)
- There are many other “give backs” that the community wants/needs (e.g. Schools, parks, trash removal solutions)
Please support us in our effort to have our concerns heard to prevent these dangerous structures from being constructed here and engage the community in discussions about appropriate "give backs" for our neighborhood.