Progress for Sedgefield
12 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
12 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
- The Surplas Land needs to be Sold!!!! Currently this area is a waste of space and would be better suited as Townhomes or a mixed use property!
- Area adjacent to school property has seen a 108% growth in Property values alone just since 2006
- No Potential for redistricting and/or student reallocation requiring expansion of this site in the future as parents in the neighborhood don't send their kids there.
- No Absence of alternative close-in sites for additional schools to meet future demands of city.Speculation
- Revenue from any potential sale does benefit the Sedgefield schools
- Several Sedgefield School key staff do support the development of multi-family housing on that property.
Green Space in abundant supply:
- Sedgefield neighborhood has a large amount of green space, as does SouthEnd. Greenway and many parks!
- Population increases will only drive property value up.
- Charlotte’s investment in wetland preservation and creek improvements seem wasteful in light of the destruction of this green space. No impact studies have been conducted on the potential detriment to the adjacent wetlands surrounding this property
Process under question:
- Stakeholders (neighborhood associations, neighbors, parents of student body) unaware of sale and classification of this school property.
- Lack of understanding of method/process for classification of this property as “surplus” remains. Please provide this to us. Surplus means extra!