Plymouth MI Dog Park
This petition is to gauge the interest in a Plymouth community dog park. The park would be a designated area where residents and their well-behaved canine citizens can exercise and have fun in a clean, safe environment. We want to create a beautiful, well-maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who will be willing to uphold the park’s rules and restrictions. This park will be designed to satisfy the needs of dog-owners and non-dog owners alike.
It is surprising that Plymouth has no community dog parks while Northville has two and most cities have at least one. Research shows that property values near dog parks increase, sometimes significantly. You can view the list of dog parks in each city and state by visiting this website: www.doggoes.com.
Benefits for the construction of a dog park:
- There is not a current public dog park in our area to accommodate safe, off-leash dog activities.
- This park would increase opportunities for residents to interact with their neighbors and help create a sense of community.
- Many dogs need exercise above and beyond human limitations; furthermore, many dog owners do not have a yard where their dogs can spend time outside, and leashes greatly limit the dog’s space and pace.
- Socializing dogs is very beneficial to the community, since it makes them less skittish and can mitigate aggressive behavior when meeting other dogs and people.
- Regular exercise is great for any dog's longevity and weight control, and the overall effect of regular exercise makes most dogs calmer and better behaved.