Plot 18 Traffic
The council are meeting on the 6th of December to approve plans to increase traffic in our community. Pleaes sign the petition to agree to these points:
- Increased traffic will be detrimental to the character of the Conservation Area, increasing the risk of vehicular accidents in our residential community.
- Until completion of the entire development the conservation area will become a funnel for cars going towards Portland St.
- The new rat runs between Portland and Thurlow Streets, drawing traffic from The Old Kent Road and Walworth Road, do not bring any benefit to the Conservation Area.
- Our community welcomes opening the streets to cyclists and pedestrians, however this prioritises vehicles over others.
- The residents of the conservation area have been ignored and sidelined during the entire process of consultation.
- Traffic calming measures have been reserved for the new roads within the new development - none in the Conservation Area.
For further information or if you would like to attend with us (the more the better) the council meeting please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org