Please Review Accounting Grades
MEMORANDUM FOR THE PITTSBURGH INSTITUTE OF MORTUARY SCIENCE
SUBJECT: Request to Review Accounting grades
1. As class 149, we respectfully ask the school administration to reconsider and look into our Accounting grades for this term. We have expressed our concerns with the course on the end-of-term evaluations and are asking for our comments to be re-read and considered in comparison to our final grades for the course.
2. We implore you to draw your attention to the grades that our class have received over the course of the trimester in comparison of the class’ median average. Majority of the class, on a consistent basis, have scored very poorly. We don’t think this is a coincidence or normal. We feel that when majority of the class scores very low, there is an underlying issue. This is in no disrespect to Mr. George Entenmann or his teaching ability. Ivy Software was a huge issue, but our grades as a whole, were very poor and as a whole, barely passing.
3. I have tried to contact Mr. Entenmann to discuss our class’ concerns, but as of today, there has been no response.
4. The current situation with our Accounting grades is having a drastic effect on our class’ GPA, school funding and the overall completion of the PIMS program. We understand that we have earned the grades that we have received, but we don’t feel it was on a fair playing field. We are just asking for the school administration to look over our class’ academic progression and grades received in this class and decide if it was a fair judgment. We hope to help ourselves in our academic standing as well as to help the future classes of PIMS.
5. We appreciate your consideration in this sensitive matter and eagerly await your response to our current issue. Thanks you.
Shaiyla B. Hakeem
Student Senate, President