Petition to Warrior Dash to allow on site meet and greet area for teams
This petition was created by Tricia 'Lilo' McDowell, Event and Planning chairperson for the Corn Fed Spartan OCR Team. Created on August 22, 2014 this petition is to encourage and request that Red Frog Events, the company that hosts Warrior Dash OCRs, allow teams of 15+ registered members to set up a 10X10 canopy inside the race venue area (or near the entrance area) for meet and greet and team support. We request that this be given a trial run at the Indiana Warrior Dash on Sept 6, 2014. This suggestions comes after having this privilege at other races venues and seeing the benefits offered to the teams as well as the event companies.
Benefits include the following:
1) A mutual show of support between the teams and the event hosts.
2) Gives large team groups a central meet and greet area freeing up race allotted picnic tables and the like for other racers and spectators. If we have our own area we have our own seating which makes it easier for all.
3) Keeps traffic flow moving easily as opposed to the congestion of large, scattered groups standing around everywhere. We are more likely to be gathered around our canopies making it, again, easier for all.
4) Many of us have teams of hundreds, even thousands and do races all over the US and surrounding. With teams this large we tend to talk up the races we attend...even more so when the races offer team hospitality. This is beneficial for the event hosts with the free advertising. We talk, blog, post, tweet, and more.
5) With a team area allotted we generally stay and hang out longer at venues resulting in more sales of food, drink, and merchandise.
This petition is signed by members and representatives of many teams including Corn Fed Spartans, Team Fire, Midwest Vikings, Illuminati, Chicago Spartans, Weeple Army, and many more as well as representatives from other race venues and companies.
If you look at the overall benefits offered I am sure you will see how this is a great idea for not only the teams but the event venues as well and the overall OCR community. With so many races being cancelled we band together to work and help keep as many alive as we can by working and growing together.
The Indiana Warrior Dash on Sept 6 is the perfect place to do a trial run of this as we know there will be many representatives from many teams there. All represented agree to be respectful of our hosts, other teams, other racers and spectators and vendors. We also agree to limit the area allotted to 1 10X10 canopy per team which will give us all meeting area but not overtake the entire area.
Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to working and growing together with your company.
All of the below signed