Petition in Support of The Citizen Initiatives Countermand Amendment
Citizen's Petition To State Legislators
Under the authority reserved to State Legislatures in Article V of the United States Constitution, I am directing the State Legislature to complete an “Application” to the United States Congress directing Congress to convene the “Countermand Amendment Convention”.
1. When 34 State Legislatures complete a similar “Application”, Congress is obligated to convene the called for Convention. This Citizen petition also directs the State Legislature to approve the Delegate Resolution for the “Countermand Amendment Convention”.
2. The Delegate Resolution defines the duties and obligations of the delegates the Legislature sends to the Convention. The delegates are Ambassadors representing their State Legislature at the Convention. They are not free Agents. The Delegate Resolution incorporates the text for the proposed Amendment. Encroachment by the Federal Government has been prohibiting the States from exercising States Rights under the Tenth Amendment. The “Countermand Amendment” will restore State Legislative Sovereignty by:
1. Restoring and protecting the Sovereignty of the United States Constitution.
2. Restoring and protecting the State Legislature and State Constitution by prohibiting the encroachment of these rights by the Federal Government through Countermand Rights:
a. Countermand Rights disallow laws that are onerous to the States (current and retroactive) when 60% of the States concur.
b. Countermand Rights will force Congress, the Courts and Executive Branch to first consider the interest of the States before passing onerous laws on the States.
3. Providing Enforcement Powers under State Laws when the Federal Government refuses to prosecute violators of the provisions of this Article.
4. Assure that the Federal Government does not violate Citizens’ rights to be secure in their persons when the Government uses electronic or other methods of surveillance.
As a citizen of the United States of America, I do hereby direct the State Legislature to complete the “Application” on Congress under the Authority each State has in Article V of the United States Constitution and to pass as a State Legislature “Resolution” the Delegate Resolution for the “Countermand Amendment”.
You can print and mail this petition, if you like to:
CITIZEN INITIATIVES Legislative Section.
P.O. Box 523
Spruce Pine, NC 28777-0523
For printable petitions to share, have signed and mail in can be found here also.
- Text of proposed
- COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT
- ARTICLE 28 (or alternate number to be assigned by Congress)
- Section 1. The Article restores State sovereignty in our Constitutional Republic by providing State Legislatures Countermand authority.
- Section 2. State Legislatures in the several States shall have the authority to Countermand and rescind any Congressional Statute, Judicial decision, Executive Order, Treaty, government agency’s regulatory ruling, or any other government or non-government mandate (including excessive spending and credit) imposed on them when in the opinion of 60 percent of State Legislatures the law or ruling adversely affects their States’ interest. When the Countermand threshold has been reached, the law or ruling shall be immediately and automatically nullified and repealed. This Countermand authority shall also apply to existing laws and rulings.
- Section 3. From the time the initial Countermand is issued by a State Legislature, the other Legislatures shall have 18 months to complete the Countermand process. If the Countermand process is not completed in 18 months, then the law or ruling that is being challenged shall remain enforceable.
- Section 4. Each State Legislature must complete their Countermand affidavit and deliver a certified copy to the Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court, the Leader of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the President of the United States, and when applicable the Government Agency or Body that is being challenged.
- Section 5. Any elected or non-elected government official, or any non-government individual or organization, who intentionally obstructs or prevents the implementation of any provision in this Article shall have committed a criminal offense and shall be subject to impeachment (when applicable) and criminal prosecution and upon conviction serve up to five years in prison.
- Section 6. Individual States shall have authority to prosecute violators of this Article under State laws in the absence of Federal prosecution after 90 days from the date of the alleged violation. Multiple prosecutions, by multiple States, for the same alleged crime are prohibited.
- Section 7. The Article shall be immediately part of the United States Constitution upon ratification by three quarters of the State Legislatures in the several States.
- Section 8. The provisions of this Article are enforceable within the United States which shall include the Several States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and the territories and possessions of the United States.
Our State Legislatures need the power of The Countermand NOW!
LEARN HOW UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS CAN BE COUNTER-MANDED AND RESCINDED:
1. Executive Orders and Harmful Treaties ~ Good bye illegal invaders/immigration, good bye treaties, gun grabs and land grabs. SECURITY!!
2. Court decisions ~ STOP LEGISLATING FROM THE BENCH!! STATES HAVE RIGHTS!!
3. Budgets & Debt ~ Good bye unfunded liabilities thrust upon The States and The People while wickedly advancing the financial enslavement of our kids.
4. Obamacare ~ Who doesn’t want this gone?
5. Social Issues ~ Same sex marriage, abortion and education! Goodbye Common Core!
6. Laws Against 2nd Amendment ~ Molon labe gun grabbers!
7. EPA, BLM, IRS, DOJ, DHS etc. Regulations and more!! Let’s COUNTERMAND them!! GOOD BYE to Unelected, unaccountable unconstitutional agencies crushing The States and the People’s Right to prosper from their resources.
RESCUE OUR...INDUSTRY, ENERGY, WATER, LAND AND MINERALS!!! PROSPERITY!!
These are the 3 necessary documents below, including step by step instructions for State Legislators
1) APPLICATION ON CONGRESS
Single Issue Countermand Amendment Convention
To assure that Congress will convene the Countermand Amendment Convention it is important that all Calling States have identical Titles and language in their Applications.
For a PDF copy of the Application on Congress click this link: http://citizeninitiatives.org/amendment_countermands/call_on_congress_countermand.pdf
2) COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT TEXT
To assure a safe, quick and successful Countermand Amendment Convention this text must be pre-approved by Calling States and included in the Delegate Resolution.
For a PDF copy of the Countermand Amendment click: http://citizeninitiatives.org/amendment_countermands/countermand_amendment.pdf
3) DELEGATE RESOLUTION COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT
Delegates are Ambassadors of their State Legislatures, they are not free agents! To assure a safe, quick and successful Convention it is necessary that all Calling States have the same instructions to their delegates to the Convention. This will prevent possible violations of Article I, Section 10 prohibiting Interstate Agreements without the consent of Congress. The Governor has no Article V authority and does not have to sign this Resolution.For a PDF copy of the Delegate Resolution click this link:http://citizeninitiatives.org/amendment_countermands/delegate_resolution_countermand_amendment.pdf
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES FOR STATE LEGISLATORS AND CONCERNED CITIZENS http://citizeninitiatives.org/Legislators/Step_by_Step_Instr_8-3-15.pdf
COMPARISON TABLE OF THE COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT VS. OTHER ARTICLE V GROUPS: http://citizeninitiatives.org/Media/Comparison-Table.pdf
WHY THE COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT: http://citizeninitiatives.org/Legislators/Why_CA_2.pdf
The Countermand Amendment will empower the States to Countermand and rescind any Federal law or regulation that violates States Rights or personal liberties. When 60% of the States agree on a specific Countermand the law or ruling is automatically rescinded. The Federal government can rewrite the law in a way more amenable to the States or abandon it. The States now become respected partners in government, not subjects to Federal mandates.
With the Countermand Amendment States retain their sovereign deliberative authority. WE THE PEOPLE will be able to petition legislators to seek relief from specific encroachments by the Federal government.
Each State Legislature can establish its own Countermand Committee to:
1) select and countermand encroachments adversely affecting their State: and
2) notify other State Countermand Committees of its action requesting they join them by exercising a similar countermand.
The Amendment will stop Federal encroachments on: enumerated rights; un-enumerated rights (each rescission constitutionalizes a States Right in 10th Amendment); privacy; free markets; Congressional budgets; Court decisions; regulatory rulings; taxes; energy; Executive Orders; unfunded liabilities; healthcare; social issues; and more.
Intentional violators of the Amendment can be prosecuted under Federal or State laws.
Visit us at www.countermands.us and volunteer to join the team!
As an aside:
We have 12 States suing over unprecedented federal land grabs. 26 States challenging E.O. AMNESTY law suit. 27 States challenging ACA obamacare. 24 states challenging the EPA over coal regulations. 27 States challenging Obama EPA water regulations. 11 States suing over bathroom policy?? Where does it end?
Why waste anymore time or money in Federal Courts with no guaranty of a favorable outcome when 30 States can simply Countermand the issue? If each lawsuit costs each State at least a million dollars just think how we could save The States right here alone!! We can free up our State resources again and use them to help The States and the people prosper again! Just imagine! SUPPORT THE COUNTERMAND AMENDMENT TODAY!!!
Visit www.countermands.us to learn how YOU can help rescue Liberty for America!An Excellent Letter To State Legislators