Petition to SRC of William Pitcher Teachers Training College on our student's grievances
We, the undersigned, call upon the administration to meet our demands with immediate effect:
1. Cancelling the newly established virtual communication mode of Acting Principal which uses a group of class reps instead of SRC yet our General Students' regulations give a clear channel of communication between WPC student body and Administration.
2. The Acting Principal must not use the Moodle individual accounts to state when we're resuming our exams as stated in the last issued memo by herself on 11 October 2021.
3. The Acting Principal must give an answer that who authorized the state Military to invade the college premises on Sunday(19 September 2021) to heavily brutalize students.
4. The Acting Principal must release the student's refunds as she was bussy promising and stop saying there is no Principal to sign cheques and that she is still looking for a bank to be used.
5. The Acting Principal must give us a public answer why the First years were made to fail and supplement using CAs and stop saying results are confidential when students are denied their right to learn by creating barriers to education.
6. The Acting Principal must give a clear date and time for Second years students to finish their missed exam papers and when third years resume their exams. We, therefore, call the administration to communicate with the student body through the SRC and the immediate removal of the DSA in the group of class reps formed by the administration. We are looking forward to feedback from the SRC that would be a result of a formal meeting called the College Acting Principal with the SRC to discuss the mentioned issues.
Bheka Mabuza (SRC President) - _________________________
Ncamiso Magagula (Vice President) - _________________________
Mncedisi Sigwane (Secretary General) - _________________________
Siphesihle Mamba (Petition Raiser) - 191843
Qiniso Nsibande (Petition Mover) - 202152
Mbuso Masuku (Petition Seconder) - 191905