Petition for the Keele SU booking policy changes for wednesday sport socials to be revised.
We would like the proposed "first come first served" system (that also includes the idea of all sport socials being held in the Ballroom), planned to be started this upcoming semester, to be revised and changed into a more acceptable (or the previous) system that was in place previously on the grounds that:
- It will create increased competition which in turn could lead to more tension between AU clubs as people try to get the best areas of the SU to host their socials in.
- Placing everyone into the Ballroom for the first social of the year will create an uncomfortable environment as people will struggle to make their voices heard during socials and the general atmosphere will be hectic.
- The previous system was a system that had worked for past years and created few complaints.
- Team bonding within teams will be affected as a result of not allowing teams to do their individual socials alone; when teams want to integrate with teams during socials they usually set up joint socials for this.
- Not allowing team bonding and individual team socials could cause teams to lose their identities.
- The first social will be even moreintimidatingfor freshers as they see a room filled with different teams each with their own, different systems of socials.
- Social attendance within the SU as teams look to alternative bars to host their socials to ensure that they get the respective space they need.
- With every sport clustered into one area, visiting bars for drinks will become a longer and more arduous process that could see socials become less enjoyable as a result of possible longer waiting times at the bar.
- AU sport teams would still integrate with each other after socials which counters theargumentsthat this new system will create increased integration.