Petition against quarantine facilities in Henties Bay
The Henties Bay community can be considered a very vulnerable community in the light of the Covid-19 crisis for the following reasons:
- The community is mainly low-income and/or elderly and therefore subjected to malnutrition and underlying health problems which lowers their immunity to the disease. In fact, the majority of the town’s residents fall within these high-risk populations
- The health care facilities in the town is very basic to non-existent, both in public and private sector and related to facilities and health care professionals. This means that the community would not be able to handle an outbreak of Covid-19 in the town, among all sectors of the population.
- The medical personal monitoring the Positive cases, should be living on site with the cases and not in town next to our Old age home,
- Food and supplies should be delivered to the quarantine buildings outside of town and no one from these facilities should be allowed to be roaming in town.
- No visitors to and from the facilities to be allowed.
We therefore strongly urge the authorities to reconsider such a decision, which would endanger an already vulnerable community.
Once you have completed, please return via mail to email@example.com or will be collected