It’s Time to Hold Pepco Accountable!
A PETITION TO PEPCO AND ITS REGULATORS
We, the undersigned citizens of Maryland and the District of Columbia, are fed up with Pepco’s unreliable power system, its poor customer service and its never-ending series of excuses. We present the following set of demands to the company, its regulators and all elected officials with authority over Pepco.
1. Pepco’s outage record and customer service are intolerable.
2. Legislative and regulatory bodies in the District and in Maryland should establish performance standards for electric utilities and fine those who fail to meet them, including Pepco.
3. Pepco should not receive a rate hike until it improves its service.
4. Pepco’s CEO currently has a guarantee from the company that his salary can never be cut and any salary increases he is granted can never be revoked. That is an outrage. Instead, his salary should be tied to electric power reliability.
5. Finally, Maryland and the District should explore the feasibility of alternative power providers to Pepco.
This petition will be sent to Pepco Holdings Inc., the D.C. Public Service Commission and the Maryland Public Service Commission (both of whom regulate Pepco and would benefit from your input).
Washington Post article on Pepco’s outage record.
Washington Post article on Pepco's financial record.
Pepco Holdings Inc. annual financial report, 2009. This report details the company’s $1.5 billion in after-tax profits over the prior five years.
Pepco proxy statement, 2009. This report details the executives’ millions of dollars in compensation, perks, multiple pensions and severance payments.
Pepco CEO’s employment agreement, 2008. This agreement details how the CEO’s salary can never be cut, and how increases to his salary can never be revoked.
4 years agoRachel Martin United States4 years ago
4 years agosmashing top seo Russian Federation4 years ago
4 years agoShine Lotus United States4 years ago
4 years agogreen modular homes Russian Federation4 years ago
4 years agoseo service Russian Federation4 years ago
4 years agoSocial bookmarks Russian Federation4 years ago
5 years agosocial bookmarks Russian Federation5 years ago
5 years agobuy viagra online5 years ago
5 years agoMichael Cantwell United States5 years ago
5 years agoMaria Laura Avantaggiati United States5 years ago
5 years agoMary Lodge United States5 years ago
5 years agoVeda Charrow, Ph.D United States5 years ago
5 years agoJulianne Shinnick United States5 years ago
5 years agoRay Brumley United States5 years ago
5 years agoIbrahim M. Asi United States5 years ago