People of Oregon Support Universal Health Care Bill
In spite of recent health care reforms such as Affordable Care Act and the expansion of Oregon Health Plans, Oregon Health Authority's most recent data shows 243,000 Oregonians remained uninsured. Even those with insurance are subject to increasing out-of-pocket costs. The need for a Universal single-payer system is as high as ever. By signing this petition you are showing that you stand with the people of Oregon's right to free and accessible healthcare.
- Americans spent 17.9% of the entire GDP on healthcare last year, an increase of 18.9% in the last five years
- Employer based insurance plans are increasingly unstable during the COVID-19 crisis
- Private insurance groups continue to report gains in profit every year
- A single-payer system would reduce administrative costs incurred by hospitals and doctors dealing with insurance companies
- Oregon's medicare has a very tight income window to qualify for free healthcare, rendering it inaccessible to most
- A single-payer system would take pressure off of employers to provide health plans increasing wages
Oregonians need to make an investment into our future and provide the necessary care for our children and generations to come. Be the voice for all Oregonians well being by signing this petition today! Help us reach our signature goal and it will be presented to Senators Jeff Merkley and Ron Wyden and Gov. Kate Brown to show how much we care!
Informative Links & Articles:https://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/2019/12/opinion..