Parents ask for quality of education!
Parents of Jerusalem School needs the administration immediate attention to the following matters, parents will not accept not handling these issues in a clear dually accepted work plan with clear dates and targets.
1. Commitment to fully respect and precise fulfillment of the requirement of the license from the Ministry of Education. This is important to allow students to certify their scores, equate it to Tawjihi when needed, enroll in local and arab and EU/foreign universities that request endorsement of school certificates by ministry, also to be allowed to enroll in local unions for lawyers, engineers, doctors, etc.
2. School clear policy to retain good teachers, develop teachers skills, enrich school with qualified and stable teachers, avoid teachers leaving in middle of school year. Have clear incentive programs for extra teachers efforts and special projects.
3. Work with PTA educational committee with clear plan and true intentions to higher academic level, enhance SAT1 and SAT2 scores, include scientific and computer labs within the studies, set target language levels for Arabic and Hebrew. Enrich Arts and Sports programs.
4. Handle students behavioral misconduct in an educational and professional way with correct counseling when needed, and have positive rewarding approach besides punishment approach. Efforts to be coordinated with PTA.
5. Offer class lessons (sport, art, labs, dabkeh ) from 2:15-3 for all students that need that in a supervised and quality way.
All above points have been raised by parents and PTA in the last 3 years. Despite many meetings, administration is not taking any steps and decisions to handle these issues. Parents are united and strongly need solutions. Parents will take the following steps if school does not start addressing our demands (with mutual agreement) within 5 days:
1. Involve regulators and inspectors
2. Make stand ups in school lobby
3. Contact school shareholders, board, any other relevant stakeholder.
4. Link payment of tuition to school fulfillment of demands.