Call to Action: Demand the Immediate Resignation of the ICCL Board of Directors
In the Name of the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
We, the people of the Islamic Community Center of Laurel (ICCL), demand the immediate resignation of the current Board of Directors (BOD)--Nazr Mohl, Mohammad Ayub, Qazi Ilyas, Perwaz Aulakh and Alif Manejwala--from both the BOD and the Majlis-e-Shura due to the following actions:
- Failed to present an expansion design to the community since the 2012 fundraiser, even though more than $500,000 was raised in support of an expansion.
- Failed to fulfill promises to the community to re-form the Masjid Expansion Committee by March 2015.
- Ignored repeated inquiries from the ICCL community regarding expansion progress.
- Removed the ICCL Academy Director without a valid reason or consultation with parents, despite excellent performance and unprecedented parent/student satisfaction.
- Selected an interim Academy Director who previously served in that role, even though parents expressed dissatisfaction with his leadership during his previous tenure, which ended with his resignation.
- Assigned the BOD Chairman as a signatory on all bank accounts controlled by the Executive Council (EC) (violation of Article IX, Section 6b).
- Delayed the elected Finance Secretary from being a counter-signer on each withdrawal check on behalf of ICCL (violation of Article VI, Section 4, Subsection 4c).
- Attempted to establish a Zakat Committee, whereas the power to establish such a committee is given only to the EC (violation of Article IX, Sections 1 & 2; Article X, Section 1).
- Failed to meet with the newly-elected 2015 EC until 5 months after they were in office (violation of Article XI, Section 3).