Opposition to Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua Settlement
OPPOSITION TO TE RUNANGA O NGATI WHATUA SETTLEMENT
We the undersigned do not support the Ngati Whatua AIP OR; Deed of Mandate OR; Settlement Package.
We oppose for the following reasons:
- These negotiations have fundamental flaws and do not have the support of ALL affected hapu, marae and WAI claimants;
- The process taken by the Crown and Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua compromise our tino rangatiratanga as guaranteed in Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
ACTION: We require that demonstrable consent of ALL affected hapu, marae and WAI claimants is gained before these negotiations progress any further.
SOME BACKGROUND: Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua hold a Crown recognised mandate to negotiate full and final settlement for ALL the Crown's breaches of Te Tiriti o Waitangi 1840 and include in their negotiations the following:
- Kaipara Moana Settlement
- Whangarei Harbour Rohe Moana
- Right of First Refusal over new fisheries quota
- Option to purchase properties in Marsden Point and North Shore
- Area of Interest
NOTE: If you sign the petition you are not opposing whakapapa and whanaungatanga with Ngati Whatua. This petition supports a move to hold Te Runanga o Ngati Whatua and The Crown accountable to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and He Whakaputanga.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you enter your any of the detail below in comments section:
- WAI number
- your personal comments